- Staff and students may borrow books on all days except sundays and holidays.
- Each staff member can borrow a maximum of 10 books at a time.
- Each degree student can borrow a maximum of 2 books at a time.
- Each P.G. student can borrow a maximum of 5 books at a time.
- Reference books and periodicals are not allowed to be taken out of the library.
- Books which are once borrowed may be retained for a maximum period of 14 days at a stretch.
- Staff and students must return all books on or before 31 March every year.
- If the books are not returned on the stipulated date, fine will be levied at the rate of Re.1 per day per book.
- Students are expected to handle the books carefully. Malpractices like disfiguring the pages by putting marks or writings shall attract severe penalty.
- No student shall sub-lend his or her library book or card to any other student or person.
- On demand by the authorities concerned, students are expected to return immediately any library book which is under their custody.
- Students should not bring books, bags and such other things into the stack room.
- Students should wear their identity cards (all days) and uniforms (except Wednesdays and Saturdays) while entering the library.