KERALA RAGGING PROHIBITION ACT - 1998
Click Here to View the KERALA PROHIBITION OF RAGGING ACT, 1998
THE PROCEDURE FOR IMPOSITION OF PUNISHMENT
- The Principal of the college shall be the disciplinary authority in respect of the students in the college.
- If it comes to the notice of the Principal that a student or a class of students have committed misconduct as referred to in Rule 5 above and that the Principal is perceives that there is prima facie enough material in the allegation against the delinquent student, he shall immediately pass an order suspending the student/students from the college.
- If the Principal thinks that the delinguency alleged in the complaint requires further investigation/enquiry, he shall report the matter to the Staff Council. After reporting the matter and after seeking the views of the Council, the Principal shall appoint a competent teacher, or a team of teachers to enquire into the matter and to submit the report at the earliest.
- The Enquiry Officer so appointed shall conduct enquiry without delay after gathering oral or written evidence from the complainant as well as the person
against whom the allegations/delinquency, were made. The Enquiry Officer also shall give fair and reasonable opportunity to all the parties and shall submit a report to the Principal. Based on the report the Principal shall take appropriate action, which he deems fit, including the imposition of the following punishments.
- Imposition of fine.
- Issuance of compulsory transfer certificate.
- Dismissal from the college.
In the event of imposition of punishment, dismissal or compulsory issuance of transfer certificate, the Principal shall forward the order along with the
report to the University.
STUDENTS’ GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL COMMITTEE
There in a students Grievance Redressal Committee in the College
constituted by the Principal. The Chairman of the said committee shall be the
Principal. The committee shall consist of three teachers nominated by the College
Council of whom one shall be a lady teacher. The Chairman of the College
Union as well as the secretary shall be the ex-officio members of the said
committee. The committee shall meet once in every month and evaluate the
steps taken to frame guideline or general instructions or directions for the maintenance of peaceful atmosphere in the campus. The students and any
unhealthy relationship between the students, students and teachers or students
and non-teaching staff of the College and suggest and implement remedial
RIGHT TO APPEAL
A student against whom the disciplinary orders had been passed; shall
have a right to appeal to the Board for Adjudication of Students’ Grievances as
provided in Chapter 27 of Mahatma Gandhi University Statue 1997. The appellate
authority shall have the power to set aside, modify or cancel the order, provided
the appeal is found to be genuine and filed within the period of 30 days from the
date of receipt of the order. The appellate authority shall also have the power to
condone the delay in filling the appeal if it is proved to the satisfaction of the
appellate authority by the appellant that he was prevented by sufficient cause
from preferring the appeal within the time.