RULES AND REGULATIONS
Students have to abide by the rules and regulations of the college framed in
accordance with the norms set by the Government, the University and the
Authorities of the College.
No T.C. will be issued to those who owe dues to the college. No fee will be
levied from those who apply for T.C. within one year after leaving the college. A
fee of Rs. 15/- will be levied from those who apply for T.C. after the lapse of one
year from the date of leaving the college. An additional fee of Rs.30/- will be
levied from those who apply for duplicate copy of the T.C. (with the
recommendation of a first class magistrate). Every student should take his/
her T.C. at the end of his/her course and produce it when he/she is admitted for
the next course. 48 hours notice is needed for issuing the certificate.
- Attendance shall be marked at the beginning of each period.
- Students are advised to compulsorily submit their leave applications when
they take leave. The application for leave is available from the college office at the rate of Re. 1 per form.
- The application for duty leave will be available from the college free of cost.
- Students should submit the leave application and get it approved on the same day of reporting at the college after availing leave. For late submission of levae applications, a fine of Re. 1/- per day will be charged.
- Application for duty leave should be submitted within 7 days of reporting at the college after availing leave. Late applications for duty leave will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- Students absenting themselves without leave for more than 15 consecutive working days will have their names removed from the rolls and they will have to pay all college fees due before they are readmitted.
- Students of BCA, B.Sc. (Electrinics) M.Sc. (Computer Science) and M.Sc.
(Electronics) will be permitted to register and appear for the semester
examinations only if they secure not less than 75% of attendence in the
respective semester. The University shall have the power to condone shortage of attendance up to 15% on valid ground if recommended by the Head of the institution.
- If a student is absent for one period it will be treated as absent for half day
and he/she is absent for two or more periods, it will be treated as absece
for one full day. (Ref. No. Ac.B2-1353/80 dated 30/1/1981).
- The Maximum number of times a student can avail of the facility of condonation
of shortage of attendance is limited to two during the entire course.
- Students’ applications for condonation of shortage of attendance will be considered only if
- Their progress has been satisfactory in the internal assessment in each
- Their character and conduct have been satisfactory
- They have no pending/late leave applications in their credit at any time during
the entire semester concerned.
- Only students who register for the University examination at the end of each
academic year are eligible for promotion to the next class.
Behaviour and Discipline
- Students should be prompt and punctual.
- Students should be clean and decorous in dress, language and behaviour.
- Students should not enter or leave a class when a session is in progress
without the permission of the teacher.
- Students should wear their Identity cards and uniforms while in the campus.
- Students are advised to check the College Notice Board daily.
- Poilitical activity of any kind is banned in the campus.
- Smoking, alcoholic drinks, tobacco and mobile phones are strictly prohibited
in the college campus.
- Any behaviour unbecoming of a student both inside and outside the class
will be severely dealt with.
- Students are warned against entertaining outsiders in the college premises
during class hours.
- Perfect silence should be maintained in the college during class hours.
- No student is allowed to go outside the campus without the permission of
- Students are advised to stay in College Hostel or in hostels recognised by
the affiliating university. They should not stay in unrecognised hostels,
lodges or rented houses under any circumstances.
Issue of Certificates
Students requiring certificates of transfer, character and conduct, course,
marks, identification, extra curricular activities etc. should submit an application
to the Principal, stating the Name, Year of Study, Class No, Semester and
Subject. They are advised to give a notice 48 hours prior to the issue of certificates.
In order to bring in an austere atmosphere in the college, students are
directed to wear the prescribed uniform. Students shall have a set of white
dress and it is to be used as and when directed. Students are exempted from
this rule on Wednesdays and Saturdays.