Unit 1: Introduction to Value Education
- Definition, Concept, Classification and Source of Values.
- Aim and Objective of Value Education.
- Need for Value Education in the Society.
- Role of Education in Transformation of Values in the Society.
- Important Quotes on Values
Unit 2: Personal Development
- Human Values-Truth, Commitment, Honesty and Integrity, Forgiveness and Love, Empathy and Ability to Sacrifice, Care, Unity and Inclusiveness.
- Character Formation towards Positive Personality.
- Problem solving, Team work and creative thinking
- Challenges of Adolescent – Emotions and Behavior.
- Transformation of Self
Unit 3: Value Education towards National and Global Development
- Constitutional Values, Social Values, Professional Values, Religious and Moral Values, Environmental Ethical Values.
- National Integration and Information Understanding.
- Ideology of Love and Devotion towards Home Land.
Unit 4: Awareness on Environment and Social Evils
- Nature and need for protection
- Interdependence of all beings
- Corruption and side-effects
- Drugs and drug abuses, addiction
- Women empowerment and principles of gender equality